Working with Your Portal
Working with Cofficient allows you to focus on serving your client’s needs and developing your own skills, leaving the administration to your dedicated Account Manager.
Your dedicated Account Manager will be your principal point of contact. With a strong understanding of your particular needs, your Account Manager is responsible for ensuring your transactions are completed in accordance with your instructions.
You can communicate with your Account Manager using a variety of methods, either:
- Cofficient web site (http://www.Cofficient.com.au), or
- Email (info@Cofficient.com.au), or
- Fax (02) 9217 6910, or
- Telephone (02) 9217 6900 or 1300 790 700, or
- Mail - We provide stamped/self-addressed envelopes for our Members/Associates to forward original receipts and invoices to Cofficient.
Flexible Operating Structure
Cofficient clients can choose to operate via their own legal entity (Company, Partnership or Trust), or as their own division of “Cofficient Management Limited”. Membership of “Cofficient Management Limited” is designed for contractors and businesses that do not wish, or fail to qualify, to operate as a separate corporate entity.
An individual or business can operate their own division of Cofficient Management Limited by purchasing a redeemable preference share(s) in “Cofficient Management Limited” for the cost of $1.00 each. This entitles you to operate via a company structure with all the associated benefits.
As the owner of a share(s) in “Cofficient Management Limited”, the assets held in that division remain the assets of the shareholder, and are in no way controlled by “Cofficient Pty Ltd” or its associated companies. We act only on the instructions of our clients who operate as a division of “Cofficient Management Limited”.
In addition to the benefits of the core services provided by Cofficient, the following benfits apply to Members of Cofficient Management Limited:
- No Start up costs
- No individual Directors Liabilities
- No Statuary returns and/or obligations
- No individual BAS requirements
- Workers compensation & Public Liability insurance taken care of.
- The flexibility to work either in Australia or overseas, and continue operating through the “Cofficient Management Limited” company,
- No liability for the actions of other members of the management company.
“Cofficient Management Limited” is a compliant legal and accounting structure, providing effective tools for financial and lifestyle management.
“Cofficient Management Limited” will be audited every financial year by a reputable firm of auditors appointed by “Cofficient Management Limited”.
As part of the annual audit, the auditor will audit the Member’s account and Bank Account.
“Cofficient will report to your accountant for the preparation and lodgement of annual tax returns for you on the basis of the audited Members account. As with a Pty Ltd structure, surplus funds can be paid to shareholders as dividends, or you may choose to accumulate assets in your business bank account.
Security & Confidentiality
Our internal processes are designed to ensure maximum security and confidentiality of client information:
- The Cofficient web site is a fully secure site using 128 bit SSL encryption. All data sent to and from the web site is fully encrypted.
- All Cofficient requests, regardless of method of receipt, will be recorded in our secure database.
- Clients receive e-mail confirmation of each transaction initiated on their behalf. A subsequent confirmation email is also sent to on completion of each request.
- Cofficient staff treat client information with the utmost confidentiality; client information is in no way disclosed to unauthorised parties. Our complete Privacy Statement can be viewed by clicking on the “Privacy” link at the bottom of this page.
Cofficient is based in Sydney, Australia, however the nature of our clicks and mortar operation means we can service clients anywhere in Australia, or Australian residents living overseas.
Things you should know:
- The Cofficient web site is a fully secure site using 128 bit SSL encryption.
- If you so choose, you will be given your own Cofficient email account.
- We will require original invoices/receipts for all payments made on behalf of your Cofficient company/division.
- You can move your Cofficient company/division from the management company to operate as a separate entity, or vice-versa. This must be done in consultation with your Account Manager and our qualified accountants.